The Goals of WCA
The professional organization was created to further counseling by:
- Promoting and providing educational programs for counselors.
- Updating counselors on new information and developments in the field.
- Creating a network of support among peers.
- Serving as a link among members, the national counseling association, its divisions, and other human service organizations.
- Promoting governmental relations and legislation to benefit counselors and consumers of counseling.
- Encouraging research, credentialing, ethics, and related standards in counseling.